Obtaining Police Reports

Written on 03/09/2021
Westminster Police

Purchase a traffic accident reports

Copies of police reports can be obtained in person or by sending a written request.

Colorado State Law allows for victims of crimes covered under the Victim Rights Amendment (VRA) to receive a copy of the initial police report for free. The VRA refers to crimes against a person, as opposed to property crimes.  Victims requesting any report should contact the Records Division at 303-658-4380 to see if the report they are requesting is available for release. Under State Law, not all police reports are able to be released. 

Please note:  officers have 72 hours to complete their reports.  The time it takes to process your request will depend on the size of the report.

In-Person Reports
Westminster Public Safety Center
9110 Yates St.
Monday - Friday 8am-5pm

If you request your report in person, you will need to complete a  search request form  for each report, provide identification and pay the report fee for each report (VISA/Mastercard, cash or money order). The processing of your request can take five minutes to an hour. 


Written Request
If submitting a written request, please contact the Records Section.

  • Complete a search request form. The search request form needs to be filled in with the report number(s), date, location of incident, involved parties, and requires the requester's signature.
  • Once the search request has been completed, please submit it with the payment in the amount of the report fee. (Please call Records for specific pricing information - 303-658-4380.)
  • Include a self-addressed, stamped envelope.

Requests are processed on a daily basis.
Your request should be mailed to:
Westminster Police Department
Attn: Records Section
9110 Yates St. 
Westminster, CO 80031

Records Search Request Records Search Request